Friday, June 27, 2008

Reborn III (the conclusion)...

To end the previous chapter, I spent eleven days in Baghdad. After two or three days of trying desperately to get back to Ramadi, I decided to quit fighting and accept that I have little to no control over this aspect of my life for the time being. This realization (combined with exhaustion) allowed me just to let go of my immediate destiny, and a quantum shift seemed to occur in my being, or at least, who I could be. I've seen these guys (and gals) roaming around this shattered country doing amazing work in an unimaginable environment. I never thought I could be one of those people. Now, I think I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cip -
Just saw on the class web page that you are in Iraq. I just wanted to wish you and your family well. May you endure the separation as best as possible. Stay safe and get home soon.

Ruben Lopez "Rican"
rdlopez@up.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Cip,

Just checking in on you. I see you haven't posted since June. Hope all is well. Anything you need from this side? You and your family remain in my prayers.
Arlo

Anonymous said...

Cip -

Last time we talked (just after John's death), you were in Seminary. So how did you get from there to the big sandbox?

Praying for you and Dawn. May the Lord bless and keep you.

Kevin Lingow

Anonymous said...

Ruben/Arlo/Kevin:
Can't imagine you will EVER check this site again after my having so shamelessly (sp?) disregarded my responsibilities to update - however, in the off-chance that you will, I offer my thanks and prayers to you and yours for being steadfast and true. For those unaware, Kevin and Ruben are class/company-mates from "Woo-Poo-U" {West Point/Go(B-3)Bandits/No beer-no wine (Class of '89)}, and Arlo is a "fellow" diaconal ministry classmate from Wartburg on the Mississippi (Seminary). You all rock, and have DEFINITELY made my day...love you all, Cip