Friday, February 29, 2008

Cip in Ramadi

Hello to all;
Yes I know it's been forever.
Cip is adjusting to all that they have to offer in Ramadi. LOL.
He took a flight out of Baghdad, and about 40 minutes later he was in Ramadi (at night time). Thank Goodness he had the chance to fly out!!!!
He keeps really busy--- he said in one email, that he was working till about 10pm. The temp. is in the 70's, just wait till they hit 130 degrees. Yikes.

A little note from Cip:
Attended my first 1st Brigade (3rd infantry division) update. They're doing the heavy lifting (almost unlimited funding) on the reconstruction. The PRT's roll is more governance with soft project dollars (fire department equipment, etc.) to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi's...

I thought of a good way to describe this place. I thought of it while I was sitting in my office bathroom (porta-potty), this place is just like Rock'n the Hills, minus the music, booze, and my wife! Dirty and grimy with nothing to take your mind off the fact that you are living in a pit!
If there's one thing I miss about Baghdad, its being able to use my phone when I wanted to...

So that is the latest update I have from him. Sounds like it is really ugly(dirty). But if he can he wants to do his first R&R in May, then August and November, home for good next year, about this time-
I will try to log in more often---- haha----
Thankx for checking in---

PS-- Also thankx to the "BCDC" for all that you guys do and I will let you guys if there is anything that we need.

Dawn

2 comments:

KrisWill&Kids said...

Hi Cip,

Glad you are enjoying rock'n the hills again, I for one have so missed it!....just turn on some 80's music, drink a cold one and get that blow up doll and you are set!! Hope all is going well for you, think of you often~. God Bless, you are in our prayers.

Kris

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kris. Unfortunately, as simple as this suggestion sounds, I have no radio (or TV - obviously), the "cold one would have to be of the Diet Coke variety, since alcohol is forbidden on Military posts in Iraq (1st General Order - new to this ongoing war I believe), but they do issue everyone leaving the green zone (the part of Baghdad currently occupied by the international military community - primarily us with contract 2nd tier defense provided by our friends from Peru) a blow up doll (both men and women), however it comes in only one color (olive drab), so unless you have a fetish for making love with someone from Mars...Love you guys, and give Will a hard time for me while I'm gone...Cip