Saturday, May 10, 2008

Re-born...

No, I haven't converted to Islam. Something hit me this week, and it felt rather nice. What is was - I guess - was a realization that something inside me had changed, or flip (as in a light switch).
I was racing back from the Post Exchange (remember mini-Pamida) with about forty bucks worth of crap that I didn't need (only needed ten bucks worth of crap, but apparently I justified a few comfort items on my way to the cashier).
The day before, the entire week seemed to almost be a loss. It started out fine - a trip to Baghdad to fine-tune a few projects, and to give my team some well deserved time away from Camp Ramadi (where we had been choking down our fair share of the powder they call sand, due to the desert breezes that can last up to a day or two). Mainly they earned it by putting up with me for the past six weeks or so, and making nice progress in their assigned areas.
Baghdad provides an opportunity to expand and explore those assigned areas in ways you are typically unable to from our remote site. So, basically their reward for hard work was to find even more and harder work for them to do (and take a dip in the Embassy/Palace Pool)!

(to be continued)

No comments: